Ashoka Halwa is a simple traditional South Indian dish made with moong dal, ghee, and sugar. This dessert is made during the festival season and adds sweetness to your festivity.
- Moong dal – 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nuts – 5 nos
- Food color – Red(Optional)
- In a pressure cooker, heat 1 tsp Viraly ghee and roast ½ cup moong dal.
- Add 3 cups of water and cook the dal till it becomes mushy and soft.
- Once it becomes mushy and soft, Mash it well or grind into a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Take a Kadai, heat Viraly ghee, and roast cashews and wheat flour for 2 mins.
- Now add mashed dal and mix well till the mixture starts to thicken slightly.
- Once it thickens, add sugar, cardamom powder, and food colour(Optional).
- Mix it well till the mixture becomes thick.
- Add Viraly ghee and mix till halwa becomes non-sticky and ooze ghee.
- Garnish with cashew and Viraly ghee. Your delicious Ashoka halwa is ready to serve.