Carrot halwa (or) Gajar Ka Halwa is a simple Indian subcontinent sweet dessert pudding made with carrot, milk, sugar & ghee. It is a healthy, tasty & delicious dish that makes you mouth-watering.
- Carrot – 500g
- Ghee – 5 tablespoons
- Milk – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Dried nuts – 20g
- cardamom powder – 2 pinches
- Wash the 500g carrots thoroughly, peel, and finely grate them.
- Take a Kadai, heat Viraly ghee & roast cashews and other dried nuts. Fry them until it gets golden & crunchy. Set aside.
- Next to the same Kadai, heat 2-3 tablespoons of Viraly ghee, add grated carrots & saute them until you get a pleasant aroma coming out, then pour milk and start to boil it.
- Stir and cook on a medium flame. Stir occasionally in between to prevent sticking the Halwa on the Kadai.
- Mix it well till the mixture becomes thick. Cook until the milk completely evaporates.
- Add half a cup of sugar, stir & cook until the moisture gets evaporated.
- Finally, add cardamom powder, fried dry nuts & Viraly Ghee to enhance the aroma and taste. You can also add more ghee if you like and turn off the stove.
- Your luscious Carrot Halwa is ready to serve warm or chilled.