Ghee rice recipe is one of the easiest recipes in rice dishes that can be prepared in a very quickly. It is best-served dish especially in South India with a gravy-like kurma.
- Basmati Rice
- Cinnamon stick
- Green Cardamom
- Black Peppercorns
- Bay Leaf
- Cashew Nuts
- Crushed Ginger-Garlic
- Green Chili
- First, wash rice grains 2-3 times in water to remove the excess starch. Next 20 minutes, drain the wet rice.
- Take the pressure cooker and heat the ghee. Meanwhile, add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, black peppercorns and a piece of bay leaf for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and wait until it turns light brown.
- Put cashew nuts, raisins, crushed ginger-garlic, and chilies & maintain a low flame for a minute.
- Add drained rice in the pressure cooker and stir it & fry for a moment.
- Put some salt to your choice and mix 2 cups water. Combine them properly and close the lid.
- While doing this maintain the pressure cook on low-level flame for about 2 whistles.
- Turn off the flame and let the pressure from cooker come down naturally. Open the lid carefully.
- You will get a pot of softer rice with a fork to separate rice grain. Add the rice with prepared mixtures.
- Transfer it to the serving bowl and taste the yummy Ghee Rice.